Birmingham Classic Car Show

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Birmingham Classic Car Show
From: paul gilders rs <paulg@snow.lut.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 93 09:28:30 GMT
So is anybody apart from me going to the Birmingham Classic Car show
this coming weekend? If anybody from the list is going, maybe we can
meet up? It looks like I shall not be taking the TR6 though - mainly
because I had a flat tyre on Friday and I probably won't be replacing
it (both rear tyres actually) until payday. Also I haven't quite
completed my SU conversion yet. The carbs are all in place and raring
to go, but the lack of a choke cable pin prevented me completing the
job this weekend. I shall try and start it up again tonight, now that
I've got the pin and a spare carb gasket set.

One thing I have noticed is that the replacement carbs are extremely
close to (maybe even touching) the bonnet. This worries me a little -
especially when Triumphtune catagorically denied that this situation
could happen with the TR6 manifold. I will have to check the adequacy
of the clearance before speeding down the motorway. I may have to
introduce some spacers to avoid hitting the channel on the underside
of the bonnet. Or maybe I can put in my own TR5-type bulge??

Cheers,

        Paul.