Refinishing wood Dash

To: b-c@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Refinishing wood Dash
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 93 12:30:11 -0600
I'm attempting to refinish the ratty dash on my GT6+. The shellac, or
whatever it is, on the wood must be 1/32" thick or thicker, and is hard
as a rock. It chips off in many places, but where it's stuck, it's STUCK.
I have managed to sand it off of two of the three pieces, and I'm working
on the third now. I'm convinced that there MUST be a better way.

I tried the 3M safe stripper, but it did nothing. I'll probably just
go ahead and keep sanding to finish up, but I'm sure this won't be the
only dash I do. What's the secret?

Thanks,

Larry