Questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Questions
From: wbrown@csg.lbl.gov (Bill Brown)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 94 07:48:15 PST
bishel@lobby.ti.com sez:

> Before I can visually inspect, I need to clean these puppies up a bit -
> anyone have any recommendations on cleaner/degreasers that are preferably
> both strong, and safe (I've got preschoolers and animals at home) but
> mainly safe?

L.P.S. makes a "machinery cleaner" kind of stuff that comes in a squirt-
bottle.  Seems quite tame, claims to have no dangerous chemicals, has
very little odor, and seems to work quite well.  I think it's water-based,
but doesn't seem to promote rust.  I've used it on my lathe and have had
no problems with it.  But I wouldn't drink it!

I found it in a local hardware store chain (OSH).  Now if I could just
remember the exact name....  Works for me!

Disclaimer:  These opinions are my own and have     |
    nothing to do with the official policy or the   |  -bill
    management of L.B.L, who probably couldn't      |   wlbrown@lbl.gov
    care less about employees who play with trains. |