DYI Hydrolc fittings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: DYI Hydrolc fittings
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 13:36:55 -0800
As you recall from our last TR3 Hydrolic episode....

I wanted to replace all the cruded up, scored rusty hydrolic brake lines in the
TR3A but neither Moss nor The Roadster Factory carry Hydrolic lines for the TR3.

A check of the local parts stores and Hydrolic shop told me that the older style
fittings were not available.  Well those same fittings were on my Series IIA
Land Rover so I checked with Rovers North (802-879-0032)

Fitting brake pipe Male #BLF002   US$1.00 (Fits the TR3's master
                                    cylinders & the 4 way connector)

Fitting brake line female  #BLF001  US$1.00  (fits the flex hoses)

With the fittings, you just need to measure your old lines then go to your local
custome brake line shop and have them make up a set for you.

I've already experienced brake failure once when a rust through pin hole left me
without hydrolics on the Land Rover.  I don't plan to have old corroded lines on
a car again.

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561