Re: Suspension bushing dimensions [Lotus 7]

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: Suspension bushing dimensions [Lotus 7]
From: jey@frame.com (Jeff Young)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 09:44:32 PST
Flemming --

Thanks much for the info.  Dave Bean did have them (I didn't try at
first because they weren't in their catalog, but after your first message
I gave them a call and sure enough, they've got 800 or so of them).

> Rear suspension bushing dimensions for Lotus Seven, Series II:
>
> A-arm Bushings:                       I.D.                     .500"
>                                       O.D.                    1.0625"
>                                       Length (inner)          1.375"
>                                       Length (outer)          1.1875"
>
> Trailing Arm Bushings (rear):         I.D.                     .500"
>                                       O.D.                    1.0625"
>                                       Length (inner)          1.000"
>                                       Length (outer)           .948"
>
> Trailing Arm Bushings (forward):      I.D.                     .375"
>                                       O.D.                     .750"
>                                       Length (inner)          1.220"
>                                       Length (outer)          1.125"

Interestingly, the Ginetta uses the Lotus' a-arm length (1 3/8") for the
trailing arms and the a-arm.  (My first email listed an incorrect OD of
1 1/8", they are indeed 1 1/16" as the Seven's.)

Do you race the Seven?  Your email return suggests you're local to me
(San Jose); might I have seen you at Laguna Seca or Sears Point?

-- Jeff.