69 tr6 restoration

To: gord.mummery@sheridanc.on.ca
Subject: 69 tr6 restoration
From: Peter Kootsookos <Peter.Kootsookos@faceng.anu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 9:46:09 EST
=> The question is "did I do the right thing"
=>
=> Why do I say this. Well I'm in the process of investing $6000 plus to do
bodywork
=> on my 69 tr6. (a loan from the bank) I'll need another $2000 for engine work.
=>
=> Help me I need some moral support!

Yup, that sounds about right for a proper job.

I did the engine on my 72 TR6 last year and even the parts (and machining
that I couldn't do myself) cost about A$700.  And it took _time_.
Admittedly, a real mechanic wouldn't take the same amount of time, but
he'd cos big $/hour.

As for the bodywork, I had a reasonable (but not "off the chassis") paint
job done with a couple of holes filled and it cost A$2500.

Keep going!

Ciao,

Peter K.

| Peter Kootsookos,                         | E-mail: pjk@faceng.anu.edu.au |
| Department of  Engineering,               | Phone : (W) +61 6 249 4880    |
| Faculty of Engineering and Info. Tech.,   |         (H) +61 6 247 9996    |
| Australian National University,           |                               |
| Canberra, ACT 0200, AUSTRALIA             | Fax   :     +61 6 249 0506    |