Re: New member w/ Bugeye questi

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: New member w/ Bugeye questi
From: Andrews Peter F <andrewpf%geds@mhsgate.salem.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 16:38:30 EST
Thanks Ray,

re: bugeye red ribbed door insert-

I didn't think of painting the black stuff.  I have seen it in the
Motorhead catalog - I'll try them.  It has to be better than the vinyl.

re: bugeye seat foams -

The AH Spares ad in the December "Practical Classics" listed "Sprite MK
1/2 seat foams".  I have two similar yucky sets of foam - one is clearly
the original with the honeycomb in it.  I have seen the instructions in
Porter's book and I'll pack it with foam scraps if I have to.  Sure would
be nice to get new ones though.   I have ordered small parts from England
before; never anything as large as seat foams.  Dunno if that is
feasible.  (Motorhead was looking into them for me - haven't heard back
from them).

I'm going to be guessing about the proper "cushiony" feeling on those
seats.  Anything I got with these cars have been completely "sat out" and
I have nothing to compare against.  You raised my awareness though....

Pete Andrews                    1959 AH Sprite Mk1  AN5L/18575
andrews_pf@salem.ge.com         1961 AH Sprite MK1  AN5L/44591