More Troubles in XJ6-III Land

To: "'SMTP:british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Troubles in XJ6-III Land
From: israel@merck.com
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 94 21:22:00 PST
Greetings All,

After noticing a lot of rattling coming form the front upper shock bushing
area I decided
to check things out.  It appears that the metal on what I will call the
fender area (its painted) has broken away where the shock passes through and
the bushing is located.   Thus the shock now moves up and down quite freely.
 I believe there is a heavier steel beam underneath the "fender" which the
shock also
passes through.  I do not know how the steel beam is but suspect it is ok
simply due to its construction.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea what is involved in repairing this?  I
fear it could
be terribly expensive.

Regards,

     Mike Israel