'Modern' MG's and other flames....

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 'Modern' MG's and other flames....
From: Richard Olearczyk <ollie@rcp.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 94 17:24:30 GMT
I was away in Bulgaria last week when the initial 'rude' comments
were made on these vehicles, as a result of questions on supercharged
MG's, so forgive me for bringing this up now

**** flame on

Owning an MG Midget, and having owned both an MG Metro Turbo, and
an MG Maestro 2.0i, I can tell you that whilst being badge engineered,
they are brilliant cars, much better than your standard euro-box,
jap-mobile, and very worthy of the MG badge (they are also not the
first MG's to be badge engineered, and not the only MG saloon.....)

They have their own membership registers with both the MG Owners and
MG Car Clubs, and various events and races are arranged for them. Indeed
my wife and I have competed on the same day in both our MG's (she usually
wins...).

Far better that the MG name continued to be used (albeit on a saloon), than
to die out all-together like Triumph. By keeping the name alive on some
very under-rated cars, the public interest was maintained enough to warrent
the latest MG RV8 being produced, and hopefully the new midget MGD.

By the way - you can transport a Midget engine in the back of an MG Maestro,
and take your kids with you on holiday (not always desirable admittedly).

So don't 'slag' off cars you have no experience of.

***** flame off

--
Richard Olearczyk  (ollie)    |    RCP Ltd.,