Re: Snowbound

To: DNESS@delphi.com
Subject: Re: Snowbound
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 13:58:52 CST
> I have a question for all of you, there is a constant discussion at work about
> british words and phrases, I need to find out what the word "brick" means in
> Brit terms.  It seems that someone that a colleague has been working with has
> called him this and its killing him, he doesnt know whether its good or bad.

'Brick' is a term from probably the 50's and before. If I said,
(use pinched posh british accent) "your a brick old fellow" I would
be conveying thanks for something that you may have done for
me, or perhaps just referring to you as a good friend....much the same
as 'he's a good egg', another Enid Blyton(sp?) type phrase. The opposite
of such a phrase is "he's a cad/boundah/rotten egg".

Oblbc

I will be welding in a new floor pan this weekend. How should I attach
the pan to the rocker panel for welding??

Marcus