Austin American Statesman

To: RTIK207@orange.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Austin American Statesman
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 11:32:59 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 13 Feb 1994 RTIK207@orange.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

> Well another unfortunate snowbound B shows up in the Austin American
> Statesman, Sunday 2/13.....lucky day eh.. Page A4

> Jim

I thought I knew just about every british car ever made, but the Austin
American Statesman is a new one on me.  Was that one of those dealer
specials--a plain Austin America with red, white, and blue stripes?  Well,
why not--I think Studebaker made a President and even a Dictator.  It
stokes the fires of my imagination.  How about a new rear-engined VW
called the "VW Power Behind the Throne"?

Ray Gibbons