Re: TR6 with GOOD battery

To: flake@d311510.atl.hp.com (Joe Flake)
Subject: Re: TR6 with GOOD battery
From: rkriggs@riggs.b30.ingr.com (Kevin Riggs)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 94 11:38:36 CST
Thanks, Joe!

I put in a new (Die-Hard...) battery last night and replaced both
battery cables.  Car starts and runs fine, and ammeter shows that the
battery is recharging after running the starter.  I doubt the problem's
gone.  It's just hybernating.  Like Josh, I'm now leaning towards an
intermittent short somewhere in the starter circuit.  It might have been
the battery or cables, but I doubt it...

A PO bypassed the original light switch in the steering column and
installed a cheap headlight switch in the dash.  It has its own 15 amp
fuse, and this is the one that's been blowing.

The wiring throughout the car has been butchered many times and is in a
sorry state.  My next project with the car is to go through this mess
and try to bring things back to original the best I can.

I have a pretty good multimeter from Radio Shack.  Well, at least it's
rated to deal with everything except the voltage that goes through the
primary ignition circuit, and it's fused against high voltages and
currents.  The only thing I really need now is courage and time.

Kevin Riggs
Intergraph Corporation                               TEL: (205) 730-3074
Mailstop: GD3003                                     FAX: (205) 730-3453
Huntsville, AL  35894-0001                              rkriggs@ingr.com