Re: British Cars Digest #1107 Fri Feb 18 01:15:01 MST 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1107 Fri Feb 18 01:15:01 MST 1994
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes <jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 17:04:27 MST
> p.s. ScottF, I realize I can't autox it with wires, but so far I've
> autoxed it three times and it was broken for extended periods shortly
> thereafter, so until I decide to really rebuild everything I probably
> won't be racing it.

Why not?  In the early 80's, I autocrossed with the Empire Sports Car
Assn up in Santa Rosa, Ca.  We had both disc wheel and wire wheel Bs
in similar states of tune.  We autocrossed them all.  Came to the
conclusion that wires cost you about 1.5 seconds on a tight, 40 second
course. Still a ton of fun.  Or were you saying that you couldn't WIN
with wires?

We allow wires at local MGCC events here.

Now for something serious. The front page of the Rocky Mountain News
this morning loudly announces that there is now a bill in the state
legislature which would BAN ALL pre-69 cars from the road on
designated high pollution days.  Given the history here, if this
passes, next year the ban will likely be extended to prohibit from Nov 1 -
Mar 1.  Time to start writing letters and talking with our lobbyist.

  Jay