Spitfire soft-tops

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars listserver)
Subject: Spitfire soft-tops
From: Ben Hodson <hodsonb@prl.philips.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 16:42:41 GMT
Marcus,

Undo the poppers at the rear sides all the way until the metal plate that
fixes to the rear deck.  Then undo the velcro strip that fastens
around the transverse member of the hood frame.  You are now ready to
fold down the frame... Keeping the hood from getting caught up fold the
frame back all the way.  You will now have lots of hood flapping about
with no frame - but no scratched windows !  To finish up, lay the hood
back onto the boot, fold the rear quarterlights over towards the middle
of the car then fold the rest of the hood over the now folded frame and
into the car.  The hood bag can  now be fitted !  Hey Presto.  Another
tip - dont leave the hood folded for long unless its completely dry.
Also dont park under trees in spring - they drop goop that wrecks
soft-tops.

I'm glad to hear about your floor panels.  Its a good feeling to get
something major done.

In the UK we have had a couple of days of snow - well a light dusting
by US standards.  But happiness is an empty car park and a rear wheel
drive car on clean snow.  Opposite lock city - yeaahh.

TTFN,

Ben.

--
|   Ben Hodson,            |   Email : hodsonb@prl.philips.co.uk       |
|   Philips Research Labs, |   Tel : 0293 785544 ext 5750              |