Re: Sub-Harnesses and Hardware

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, gnh.wbst207v@xerox.com
Subject: Re: Sub-Harnesses and Hardware
From: Andrews Peter F <andrewpf%geds@mhsgate.salem.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 16:18:23 EST
George,

    I gave British Wiring a call and found them very helpful.  The braid
harness to the dimmer switch is only $11 vs $25 at VB, the headlamp
pigtails were the same at $10 apiece.  Turns out that PVC is original on
the later Bugeyes - only the earlier ones like my 59 had braid.

    Wish I had gotten the harnesses from them to start with.  My harness
from Moss is cloth over PVC which looks ok but is not what the car came
with.  They have the real cloth covered  wire with braid harness at only
a little more.  Oh well.

    They don't accept credit cards but don't charge for shipping either.
I'll take that tradeoff.  They also sell various grommets and connectors
so I'm waiting for a catalog before ordering.

    Lesley says they are in business to front for the best harness maker
in Britian.  She certainly was pleasant to talk to...

Pete

Pete Andrews                    1959 AH Sprite Mk1  AN5L/18575
andrews_pf@salem.ge.com         1961 AH Sprite MK1  AN5L/44591