Re: John Kipping

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: John Kipping
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 23:09:08 PST
I believe I have sung the praises of John Kipping on this list before,
but I will do so again. Last summer, when with 10 days to go before the
anticipated departure date I discovered that my GT6+ gearbox needed a
new overdrive mainshaft, John diagnosed over the phone with me. Between
my caliper and his knowledge, we figured out that my GT6+ rebuild kit
didn't fit because the gearbox was really a GT6+ case, GT6 Mk.3 input
shaft, and TR7 for the rest ("a pretty common swop, and about the best
you can do in the space ... did the reverse have 18 or 21 teeth?").

He has new (yes, I said NEW) overdrive mainshafts, in stock. If you've
ever needed one, you know how hard these are to find. Best of all,
they're priced reasonably, and he shipped stuff two-day express.

They've got a great (free) catalog, too.