Re: Nash-Healey

To: James Fuerstenberg <xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil>
Subject: Re: Nash-Healey
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 16:13:42 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 25 Feb 1994, James Fuerstenberg wrote:

> re: Tom S question on Nash-Healeys.
>
> >From memory, I think about 400 were built in the 1951-53 timeframe.
> They have a Nash 6 cylinder engine in a Healey body(designed by Pini
> Farina or Bertone I believe).  They are sort of sporty sort in an

Body either built or designed or both by Pinin Farina, at least I think
they had his crest and name on them.  (Just so I don't get corrected, he
was Pinin Farina then, later hyphenated his first and last names to
become Pinin-Farina.)

> early 50s kind of way...not too different from a 53 Corvette in some
> respects.

I drove one when they were just used cars.  I wasn't bowled over, as I
recall, and I was at an age then when anything automotively esoteric made
a big impression.  Interesting period pieces, though, and attractive.

Ray Gibbons