DRMO sales

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: DRMO sales
From: root@isaac.msfc.nasa.gov (Operator)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 94 13:45:24 GMT-0600
Hello all,
This is only remotely related, if at all, to British cars, but I have
attended several Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO)
auctions at Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville Alabama.  Redstone
apparently serves as a disposal point for surplus DoD equipment from
a wide area.  Lots of junk, old computer terminals, used tires,
furniture, etc., but occasionally useful items like air compressors
and tools of various types.  Also, private (i.e. non-military) cars,
bikes, motorcycles sometimes appear (no British stuff so far).  These
vehicles could be abandoned property but I think that they may be
donations to the DRMO for tax write-offs.  Sometimes really unusual
things show up: a G.I. tabernacle, for instance, or a Marine dress
sword that I bid for but didn't get.  Just before Christmas I got a
collection of Dresden ceramic figurines for $50, and could probably
have paid less.

I have the Redstone office address:
Defense Logistics Agency
Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service
Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office
Huntsville
Bldg. 7408, Warehouse Road
Redstone Arsenal AL 35898-7320
205-842-2570

There have got to be a number of bases around the country that
conduct auctions like this...you can get on their mailing list and
get advance notice.

Michael Flora
NASA - Marshall Space Flight Center