San Francisco Bay Area Events

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: San Francisco Bay Area Events
From: sfisher@megatest.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Mon, 2 May 1994 13:26:50 +0800
Apologies to out-of-the-area folks, but one of these is News,
and the other is clarification.

Kirk Buecher, vintage-racing enthusiast and Spitfire driver,
is in the South Bay for the next two weeks.  He'll be here
till May 15th, so we're looking to do a couple of possible
things with anyone who'd like to show up.

Thing 1: Kirk was associated with the engineering and design
of last year's winner of the Pike's Peak Hillclimb.  As such,
he has in-car camera of the entire run from the winning car.
He also has a documentary produced by Japanese TV (with
Japanese-language narration).  We'll be watching those at
some as-yet undetermined time and location; call me at (408)
441-3141 to get the latest updates.

Thing 2: Kirk's family is flying out next week to do some
sightseeing in the Bay Area before heading to southern California.
As such, I think I talked him into joining us for at least part
of the East Bay Britcars Tour on Sunday, May 15.  This means we
will have at least two departure points/times: one for those who
want to take the twistier road past Calaveras reservoir, and another
for those who want to meet in Pleasanton before visiting the Niles
Canyon Railroad.  Again, email or call me to get details.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at one or the other of
these two events!

--Scott Fisher