Dead Gauges - MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dead Gauges - MGB
From: root@isaac.msfc.nasa.gov (Operator)
Date: Thu, 5 May 94 08:41:41 -0600
Hello all,

This must be a fairly simple problem to rectify but I personally have
not encountered it before.  On the way home last night the tach, fuel
gauge, and temp gauge needles on my '74 B all dropped to zero and
stayed there.  Nothing else happened.  I assume this is the voltage
stabilizer, but could anything else cause it?  Also, is it possible
to stop the buzzing/rattling from the shift lever when the engine is
revving high?  I have already replaced the plastic bush at the bottom
of the lever.

Also, a month or two ago, I looked at a '63 B body for sale locally.
The seller told me that an acquaintance of his bought a junked B at
Matthews Foreign Auto Parts in Birmingham AL.  The acquaintance
noticed that the car had no rust - then found that the entire body
was aluminum.  The car, it turned out, was one of the works racing
cars built in '63 or '64.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Michael Flora
NASA - Marshall Space Flight Center