Bay Area Cars for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bay Area Cars for sale
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 94 13:26:38 PDT
     Just FYI, from yesterday's papers (and from memory):

     -1961 Bugeye, V8, all parts to finish, new glass nose,
     2000.00 (in Mercury news, "Classic" section)

     -1961 Austin 3000, 327 AT, posi. $8700. (in Mercury
     news under automobiles "A")

     And the kicker .....

     -1953 Bentley type "R", new battery & tires, good
     overall condition, judge says give her half. Asking
     $1200.

          With visions straight from alt.folklore of the $50
     Corvette or the $500 930, I called immediately.
     Unfortunately it was a typo, and there should've been
     an extra "0", making it 12K, but still sounds like a
     nice car at that price. I spoke with the owner briefly,
     who said he has gotten *tons* of calls, all expecting
     it to be $1200. So if any of you are interested, give
     Jerry a call & tell him you know it's 12K on the
     message. His # is (408) 985-0137.

          cheers-
                 daren