TR6 paint chips and dash

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 paint chips and dash
From: "Kevin A. Strait" <strai001@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 May 94 14:37:58 -0500
Dear SOLs It has been a while since I last posted anything to the net.  As a
refresher, I am nearing the completion of the restoration of a 70 TR6.  The car
is currently having the finishing work done on the body and then "finally"
paint.
This brings me to my question.  Several months ago I asked for input on what
color to paint this car, it was originally green and I was debating whether I
should paint it red.  I recieved a number of interesting suggestions and after
much sole searching I decided to stick with the original green color.  The
problem is that I do not know which green the car was originally painted.  I do
not have the original commission plate for the car so I cannot simply look up
the codes.
I was wondering if any of you out there in net land know where I can obtain
paint chips for a 70 TR6.  I have narrowed the colors down to either conifer
green (also known as Triumph Racing green) or laurel green as these are the only
two greens offered on a 70 TR6.  None of the paint suppliers I have talked to
have these chips so that I might compare them to the original paint color that
is still on the cowel under the dash pad.
My second question involved a replacement wooden dash for the car.  Does anyone
have any experience with these after market dashes offered by TRF, Moss etc?  I
also see adds in Hemmings for companies which specialize in repro dashes.  What
about solid wood dashes vs laminates, or some of the exotic wood (teak, etc).
Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks

Kevin A. Strait, Ph.D.                      voice: 612-624-5150
Assistant Professor of Medicine             email: strai001@maroon.tc.umn.edu
and Cell Biology/Neuroanatomy               fax:   612-626-3840
Box 91 UMHC
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455