Seat recovering

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat recovering
From: hill@ece.ucdavis.edu (Rich Hill)
Date: Wed, 11 May 94 11:09:32 -0700
Well, it's finally time to do something about the tattered seats in the
Midget.  Cracked and chewed up vinyl just isn't the look we're after anymore.
I've managed to find a set of seat covers in the right color (beige, only
used on 78-79 Midgets -- lighter than the more common autumn leaf) and
a source for seat foams.  This is probably going to end up being pretty
expensive so I'd like to get it right.  Sooooo......

I need advice!  An upholsterer could easily do the job but putting on seat
covers really doesn't seem that complicated.  I will probably need to replace
at least the seat bottoms and maybe the backs -- is this something that
an upholsterer can supply (say, for $10-$20 each, I can get them for
about $25 preformed) or should I just get the ready-made ones?  The other
option was to have an upholterer do the entire job but I'd like to keep
the interior looking as original as possible.

Opinions, advice, anything?

Thanks,

Rich Hill
hill@ece.ucdavis.edu