MGB Miscellany Part 3

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Miscellany Part 3
From: John Trindle <jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 11 May 94 17:10:12 -0400
Things are looking up... We now have a complete panel, and are almost
ready for state inspection except:

Turn signal doesn't return after turn (bad switch, I guess).  Signal light
frequency changes when brakes on or off...  Brightness is very poor.

We are still inop on the front right parking light, BTW.

The most interesting part is the hazard flashers.  Turning on the hazard
switch causes >nothing< to happen... until you switch the turn signal left
or right.  Then the hazards flash merrily away (still too dim, tho). Any
ideas?

The single HIF carb is strangling the engine (oh, we do now have a
choke installed, big help!) and it doesn't really like to go above 80
indicated.  I hope to get our carb/manifold situation straightened out this
week at Carlisle.

The most aggravating part of this is the respray... all the exposed wires
are now green!!  Kind of throws the color-coding out the window (this
was the PPO's paint job, with a tarp texture permanently embedded). <g>

Can anyone suggest which is better for this car... 2 HIF4s (as originally
installed) or 2 HS6s?  The HS6s seem to be cheaper.  It is a 73 MGB with
the 18V engine.

John Trindle -> jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov or 70303.3506@compuserve.com
69 Spitfire  /  73 MGB  /  88 RX-7 GXL

"Cahn's Axiom:
   When all else fails, read the instructions."