We're going, Daisy staying home.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: We're going, Daisy staying home.
From: wade@ops.tridom.com (Wade Massengil)
Date: Sat, 14 May 94 10:32:18 EDT
Greasings and Lubrications, All...

        (This started out as a response to email from Joe Flake but
        then I figured other "Daisy Fans" (flower children? ;^)
        might care to hear all the news...)

        While wife and I will be at Chateau Elon, Daisy the Yellow Car
        will not. :^(  The Mortgage people have no sense of humor or
        adventure, and likely no love of LBC's, either.

        To make this event would require some degree of financial
        stress, and a lot of things would get slapped together
        in a 1/2 assed sort of manner. Taking Sweet Wife's counsel
        on the matter..."Why don't you slow down and really go for the
        Quality Control...that way, when you're done with it, you're
        done with it."

        Why do women have to make so much sense? I already have a short
        list of 'improvements' to make this winter. Why add to it?

        We'll get the interior kit at the end of this month and should be
        driving the Yellow Car to work NO LATER than the end of June.

        Minor problems now include...intermittant fuel pump...bad water
        temp sender...not sure if O.D. solaniod (sp!) is working or not
        as you can't hit 4th gear in my subdivision due to lack of space...
        fixed brake light switch just last night...and one or two little
        places in my homade paint need help.

        Of course, had I not set the goal of May 21 as a deadline for
        myself, I'd likely not be this close to being done.

        So..."4th of July MG Club Rally and Picnic" or BUST"

        Some really literate netter will recall the wise person who said:

        PEOPLE WHO AIM AT NOTHING, GENERALLY HIT IT.

        Wade 'ready...aim....