GT6 Clutch Help!

To: b-c
Subject: GT6 Clutch Help!
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 11:37:02 -0500
Last Saturday I installed the rebuilt gearbox from Kipping on my GT6+. I also
put a new clutch/clutch cover/release bearing in.

When I pulled the old gearbox, the clutch release lever simply fell out
of the bellhousing. I retrieved (I thought) all the parts from under the
car and looked at them. It looked to me like the release lever was trapped
between the release bearing carrier, and fulcrum pin, and the slave
cylinder pushrod. It looked like the clutch lever wasn't attached anywhere.
I assembled it that way and put the gearbox in. The lever seemed a bit loose,
but I assume that's because I haven't bled the clutch system and got it
working yet.

Reviewing the VB catalog, however, I see a part that I don't remember
seeing when I reassembled the gearbox - the lever pivot pin! The picture
shows a little bitty pin, but gives no real indication of where it goes.
Does this pin hold the clutch lever to something? Where does it go? Am
I going to have to pull the gearbox again? Please let me know now, as
I haven't put all the bolts back in yet...

Thanks,

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com