'77 MGB post-ignition clatter

To: British Cars <BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: '77 MGB post-ignition clatter
From: John S Blenke <L5RJSB@IBIVM.IBMMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 15:35:45 EDT
Occasionally, after I have turned the igntion switch to full off on my
'77 MGB, a sound eminates from the right rear engine compartment that
sounds like a repetitive electrical arcing or "clatter". The sound is
similar though not identical to the sound a starter makes when the
battery is near dead.  It continues for 5 to 10 seconds and stops or
stops immediatley if I turn the ignition back on. It is not "diesling",
that's s distinctively different sound, this is defineily electrical.
Everything else seems to be working perfectly, but this intermittant
noise is driving me nuts. Any ideas on what it might be?

John Blenke
Level Five Research
Indialantic, Florida