GT-6 Clutch

To: Scions of Lucas <British-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT-6 Clutch
From: <RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 May 94 09:20:02 EDT
To: Larry Snyder

Larry, Sorry for the delay in responding to you on the GT-6 clutch
question. I'm sometimes late in receiving the digest. I'll go for days
then suddenly four or five of them will show up within minutes of each other.
Fortunately it doesn't happen consistantly. But that's not your question.

It sounds like the pivot pin for the clutch release fork is missing, if
I understand your posting correctly. Is it the vertical pin that fits
through the bell housing (on the right side) and the clutch release
lever? If it is, DO NOT reassemble the car without it! Think about it.
What would anchor that end of the lever? You will have to remove the
transmission to replace it sometime. Either now while the car is already
apart, or later when the clutch fails from the release lever floating
around unattached. Probably in the middle of your best auto-x run.

On the other hand, if I misunderstood and it isn't the pivot pin your missing,
you can safely assume that I don't know what I'm talking about and ignore
me. Was that Rosanne Rasannadanna who said "Nevermind"?

Rik Schlierer