TR4A bushings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A bushings
From: "Christopher A. Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 10:25:14 PDT
What Scott said. I bought the tool from TRF; you could make your own,
but I considered it $25 or so well spent. I've used it enough times
that it has paid for itself. Be sure to lubricate the threads.

The jack under the trunnion probably won't work - you'll end up lifting
the car before compressing the spring long enough. And then when you
loosen the inner pivot bracket bolts, what are you going to do when you
want to line everything back up?

OBTW, I highly recommend the urethane bushings from British Frame and
Engine. The upper ones are a nuisance to put in (I'd probably buy the
special tool next time, though we finally figured out how to duplicate
it with several sockets and a long enough bolt) but I look forward to
not ever having to do this particular job again.