HEADS

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: HEADS
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 94 08:32:00 -0400
Can anyone in this august body supply a matrix
of casting numbers for MGB 18 cylinder heads?
I believe mine head is cracked. Early 74.
A friend offered me an old head of unknown
origin (thanks, George!). The casting number
is 12H1326 and the date of the casting is 13Jun67.
I will get this head hot-tanked and magna-fluxed
before I go any further. Note: this head does not
have the tapped holes in the exhaust ports for
emissions.

So, here's what info I would like to acquire:
Casting numbers and valve sizes with respect to
which casting number.

Additionally, what is the thickness of the heads and
from what points are you measuring? I am trying to
determine if this head has been milled and, if so,
by how much.

Scott Fisher #1, has your research been this detailed?
How about you, Roger Garnet?

Alan