push rods and video machines

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: push rods and video machines
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 26 May 94 09:21:38 EDT
Fellow fiends: (and Scott Fisher):

Scott, don't do it!  The Indy 500 is on SUNDAY (tho I guess you could tape
the race and just try as hard as you can not to listen to the news or read
the paper until Monday).  But just think of it: if a Penske car wins then
you (and all of us) will have new-found respect for the venerable push-rod
design.  We will proudly be able to say that the only difference between our
engine and "the engine that won INDY!" was that it had four more cylinders!
Okay, so its not the only difference, but to most people who could care less
anyway you ought to be able to get it past them.

Note: this is by no means a statement of my own personal pick for the big
event.  That, ladies and gentelmen, will be a secret until ... later.

P.S. dont forget Lime Rock on Monday, and the CokaCola 600 later in the day
on Sunday.  This is a racer's tv dream weekend!  Pass the salsa!
Will Zehring
Department of Biochemistry
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 East Canfield Avenue
Detroit, Michigan       48201

phone: (313) 577-4199
fax:      (313) 577-2765