Re: Polishing Aluminum.

To: fungus@CSOS.ORST.EDU (Curt Onstott)
Subject: Re: Polishing Aluminum.
From: jerry@tr2.com (Jerome Kaidor)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 1994 06:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
Curt Onstott wrote:

> I was wondering what is a recommended aluminum polish.  Specifically, I
> am interested in polishing the exterior of my SU's (Is this a reccomended
> practice?) I also want to polish the valve cover of my H*nda Accord.

*** If you start by wet-sanding with 1200-grit sandpaper, and follow up
with Mother's Aluminum Polish, you will attain a high sheen.  If you
finish up with Simichrome polish, it'll be like a mirror.

                          BUT

  The polished surface will shortly fade and tarnish, and they'll look just
  like they did.  If you want them to stay shiny, have'em chrome plated.

                                              - Jerry