Bushings, Part II

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bushings, Part II
From: fox@imagitex.com (Barry Fox)
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 10:24:28 EDT
Thanks to all who responded (especially Scott Fisher and Lee Daniels) about
replacing bushings with/without a spring compressor.  After reading them
all, I went to the local hardware store and bought a 2 foot length of 5/8"
threaded rod and several nuts.  Found a 5" diam. 1/4" thick alum disc in
the "aluminium junque box" and drilled it for the rod and clearance on the
damper mounting bolts on the bottom of the lower A arm.  Works great!  You
guys were right; the peace of mind and positive control over the spring
tension make taking the lower bushings out very easy.  Now if only UPS
will deliver the new ones and I can get them in with the all the correct
bits in order.........

Hate to bomb the list with this one; I lost Al Legerlotz email address.
Al, if you are copying, please try to conntect.

Cheers,

Barry Fox    fox@imagitex.com        65 TR4A
  W1HFN