Motorhead and Spitfire steering wheel

To: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motorhead and Spitfire steering wheel
From: "Zywicki, Dean" <ZywickiD@magic.dcrt.nih.gov>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 94 11:34:00 edt
    I have had lots of dealings with Motorhead in the past.  I have a whole
collection
of receipts with Keith Jacksons name on them.  The people who work there are

great, especially Keith and the owner.  But, I later found out that their
prices were
for the most part outrageous.  But, they do have a great selection of used
parts
above the main store.  After buying a ton of stuff from them, I then started
buying
from Mountjoy's.  Both shops are local to me and both do mailorder.
 Mountjoys
says they are a Moss distributor (they use Moss catalogs), but they seem to
source
most of the stuff on their own.  Their prices are MUCH better than
Motorhead.  So,
if anyone is going to try Motorhead for mailorder, you might want to check
with Mountjoys
also.  Shipping from each should be about the same.

   Mountjoys Auto
   301-779-0003

    For the spitfire steering wheel.  My midget steering wheel was starting
to crack (foam), and
I tried a leather steering wheel wrap, Wheelskin or second-skin, something
like that, I got
it from Mountjoys.  Usually I hate these things, but this one is really
nice.  Best thing I've
done to the car (except for the wooden shift knob maybe).  If the general
shape of the
wheel is there, it might be worth a try.

    Later,
       Dean