Assumptions

To: "Scions of Lucas" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Assumptions
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 7 Jun 1994 09:12:12 U
                      Assumptions

> As an aside, when freshening the head of the 69 and installing
> the roller rockers, I noticed an extraordinary accumulation of
> crusty yuck in the block waterways feeding the head. The water
> here is not soft but is not as hard as elsewhere I've been
> without as much problem. I've since gone to distilled but can't
> help but wonder if last summers' experimenting using the Water
> Wetter contributed to the buildup.

  It's fine to wonder these sort of things, it's the type of
musing from which great discoveries can be made (pondering the
unknown and all that).  Still, remember one of the primary
axioms of statistical studies is the Latin phrase --
  POST HOC, ERGO PROCTOR HOC
Which means, after this, therefore because of this.

Just because B follows A, it's not necessarily true that
A causes B (although indeed it MIGHT).