wiper motors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: wiper motors
From: Frank Condelli <ad793@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 06:05:49 -0400 (EDT)
To Jim Finks question about his wiper motor stop.  Funny you should ask
this question now as I was just inside the motor from my '73 B.  I was
reinstalling the motor and found that wiper arms were stopping on the
wrong side of the screen.  I could not figure this out for the life of me.
Well, after a few hours of fiddling and swearing I discovered that the
#*$## stop bit on the rear side of the large gear inside the motor
transmission IS MOVABLE !   Yes, it justs pops off with the aid of a
small screwdriver or pick and you can place it in the location of your
choice as there are positions to pop it back in all around the perimiter
of the gear.  So.... you see the wiper motor is generic and made to fit
and work on a multitude of LBCs.  Good luck with yours.  Why mine was in
the wrong position is still a mystery.  The PO had something to do with
this I'm sure.  The wiper motor did not shut off automaticlly when I got the
car, the reason I had the &**#$# thing out in the first place.  Turned out
that the little pin on the switch was broken off.  I guess Mr. PO did not
realize this and tried to move the stop bit to rectify his problem.

Cheers,

Frank

--
*  Frank Condelli  *  Carp, Ontario, Canada  *  ad793@Freenet.carleton.ca  *