Fastener coating question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: Fastener coating question
From: c340808@is6.mdc.com (Sharon Oblinger)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 94 13:13:40 PDT
 This is on behalf of my better half, Kurt. He was wondering if anyone else
had figured this out. Large fasteners (we have Triumphs but this probably
applies to any LBC) especially around suspension pieces have a dark coating
or plating-a dull black. What is it and can it be duplicated? After cleaning
these bolts they end up bare metal and they start rusting and not looking
too good.
 We are not interested in A-1 concours condition cars but we want something
that's more durable than paint. And we are not interested in cad plating.

 Has anyone else been thru this yet? You can post back to me personally
or thru the list...I think other SOLers would be interested.

        -----
       /     \_        (I know, I know that's not a Triumph)
Sharon Oblinger
c340808@is6.mdc.com