Re: Smog Laws & Standards

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smog Laws & Standards
From: Rick Colombo <COLOMBO@fndcd.fnal.gov>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 9:40:13 -0500 (CDT)
I can lookup the HC and CO values for a 77 B if you like, but I had no
trouble passing the (Illinois) EPA test with mine.  I don't have an air pump
or Catalytic converter, the Stromberg has been replaced with a Weber and I
have headers and the timing is set to factory specs.  The funny part is that
the person doing the test (not the official State inspector) apparently
doesn't know the different between a Cat and a resonator because he looked
under the car and said "yep, you got a converter...", then proceeded to
check the fuel inlet restrictor.  They don't look under the hood/bonnet
unless you fail (and you actually stop at the office to see the State
inspector).  But if they did, I'd have to get an air pump and Cat (unless
the State inspector isn't any smarter ;-).

   _/_/_/_/  _/     _/    _/       _/        Rick Colombo colombo@fnal.gov
  _/        _/_/   _/   _/ _/     _/        Fermi National Accelerator Lab
 _/_/_/    _/  _/ _/  _/_/_/_/   _/        Of course I speak for: Fermilab,
_/        _/     _/  _/     _/  _/_/_/_/  Congress and the President...NOT!