RE: Spit front ball joints

To: British-Cars@Autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spit front ball joints
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 13:16:07 PDT
 Dave,

  If you're going to replace the ball joints, just undo the two 5/16 bolts
that hold the ball joint into the upper a-arms and take the whole vertical
link to the vise.
  If you're not going to replace them, find a fine thread nut that fits
onto the ball joint, and screw it flush with the end of the shaft.  Use
a non locking nut if possible.  This will help prevent mushrooming as you
'tap' the joint free.
  I am assuming if that if the ball joints don't need replacing, you're
taking them off temporarily to beadblast the vertical links or something
like that.

  As for why the tools you need are always just out of reach, It's obviously
because you don't have one of my REVOLUTIONARY TOOL TOTEs.  This is an
ingenious idea of mine that is being reviewed by the patent office right now.
Basically, (without giving away valuable marketable product information), it
is a tool tray that attatches to your head.  Heavy? no not at all, because
of the Hydrogen balloons that support it.  Just don't remove too many tools
out at once, I've lost a few TOOL TOTEs this way.  Oh, and I don't recommend
the use of 'torches' while wearing a TOOL TOTE.  (unless you're an Aussi or
a Brit).

                         Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
                         Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                         Washington State University   Pullman, Wash.
                         '67 Spit-6 (Daily)    '74 TR-6 (In Progress)