Air Horn Ramblings

To: British-Cars@Autox.team.net
Subject: Air Horn Ramblings
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 14:53:08 PDT

  I have to echo what Scott Fisher said about air horns.  I have used
quite successfully those little aluminum 'air horns' that come on '62-'74
MGB's.  If you extend the two mounting holes out from the center about
1/16", they bolt onto a Zenith 150 CD. Then drill a small hole in the center
top of the air horn casting, (carb-flange side) to allow the damper to breathe.
These can be installed INSIDE the stock air filter housings, and give a
noticeable smoothness to the top-end power(?) of Zenith equipped cars.

 Question to the list, "do MGC's use the same type of 'air horn' on their
                        HS-6's?"  If avaliable, these would be quite nice
                        on a TR-6.

                         Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
                         Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                         Washington State University   Pullman, Wash.
                         '67 Spit-6 (Daily)    '74 TR-6 (In Progress)