Re: Cars Missed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars Missed
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 23 Jun 1994 12:59:41 -0500 (EST)
Hello again,

Regarding Scott Fisher's comment:

>To make up for that, I went to the site of the Lexington & Concord
>battle and sang "God Save the Queen."

I have to comment that on the side of the bridge where the Old Manse is
in Concord, along the path to Old North Bridge, there is a memorial plaque
dedicated to British Soldiers who perished that day in April, 1775. I have to
admit that visiting that site can be emotional, and I'm not a loyal subject.
One of these days I'll probably put some flowers there...unless it's considered
treasonous for a US citizen to do so.

Regarding travel and thought of the TR6, I have to admit that most of the
exotic and other locales to which I have visited do nothing but bring up
dreams of driving the TR6. Last fall, when I was driving around San Francisco,
the drive up US 1 from Sausalito to Point Reyes on the real coastal part was
almost too much to take in the _tempo_. I was all for heading back to the city
to get a M***a out of desperation. My trips to England and Scotland, well...
what can I say? I would have done nearly anything to drive the TR6 on any
of those roads (except M1 or M8).

So, I too have to admit that I really miss my TR6 when I travel.

bye,
rml
p.s. Scott Fisher, if you are ever in the Boston area, you have to give me
a call so that you can see some of the neat roads in the TR. Deal??

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |