carbs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: carbs
From: Rob Morris <robm@infi.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 11:30:08 -0400 (EDT)
 Help! I have twin SU carbs on my 1098 Mini. Gas is pouring out of a
pinhole behind a little clip on a shaft atop the float reservoir on one of
them. It looks like the
hole is supposed to be there and it doesn't look like the clip is meant
to seal it. I tried to figure out if the problem
is a jammed float. Is the pinhole supposed to be there and what is its
purpose? Any theories on why gas might be leaking out of it?
Can you simply replace the top part (where the float is attached) or do
you have to buy the whole shebang? Thanks.

Rob Morris                            robm@infi.net
The Virginian-Pilot and Ledger-Star
Norfolk, Va.
My opinion/not necessarily my employer's / Contact me for Gateway ideas