TR6 Rear suspension clunks?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Rear suspension clunks?
From: mike@twinpeaks.prc.com (Mike Ladwig)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 14:20:35 -0500
Hello...

I hear soft clunking sounds from my TR6 rear suspension ares when I coast
at very slow speeds over a bumpy road (my driveway).  I haven't been able
to track these sounds down to a particular component, because I can't seem
to reproduce them when the car is on stands in the garage.

I hate to mess with random parts (e.g. U joints) unless I can find a way to
convince myself that they are the problem.  Do these symptoms have a
well-known cause, or does anyone have ideas on how I can induce the
clunking?

Thanks in advance,
mike.