Re: Info on Lotus needed...

To: Dan Graves <dan@fubar.rose.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Info on Lotus needed...
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 94 13:11:06 PDT
Dan,
   Concerning the Pre-Turbo Esprit,

   Parts are not too hard to come by   ( Dealer, Dave Bean)

   Parts are VERY expensive:  you've had it easy with the Jag.

   You can get good upgrades.  Webers, Turbo Suspension, etc.

   I enjoyed my time behind the wheel of a modified pre-turbo model, plus
   it's way high on the cool scale.

   It was kind of noisy, and the car shook a lot, but what is new about that?

   Oh, I hated the shifter.  It wandered and was reminiscent of a VW, but then
   I'm used to shifters that are directly connected to the transmission.

 Does this help?  Maybe you should go to a few shows, drive a few cars, talk
  to some Lotus die-hards.

                        Greg Meboe  MEBOE@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
                        Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                        Washington State University   Pullman, Wash.
                        '67 Spit-6 (Daily)    '74 TR-6 (In Progress)