Re: What is this car?

To: tjhiggin@ingr.com
Subject: Re: What is this car?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 94 11:51:00 PDT
> William is also looking for the address & phone number of the A.C.
> Owner's Club in England.  Anybody have it handy?  Roland?
> --
> T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922

Of course!

Here's the address in the UK:

  ACOC
  c/o B.M. Gilbart-Smith (Chairman)
  The Coach House
  Borlases, Waltham
  St. Lawrence, Berkshire, RG10 0HE

However, it would probably make more sense for your friend to contact
the US rep:

  Jim Feldman
  11955 S.W. Faircrest St.
  Portland OR 97225

A good reference book is AC Ace & Cobra from from Classic Motorbooks for
about $30.  About 75% of the book is devoted to the Ace and Aceca.

The car you describe doesn't sound too much like an Ace but without
actually seeing it, hard to tell for sure.  AC Cars did make a number of
steel bodied cars but none of them similar to the Ace or Cobra as far as
I know.

BTW, Jim Feldman owns a restoration business specializing in ACs but he
also does work on other cars too; Healeys and Jags are mentioned on his
business card if I remember correctly.  I understand his shop is quite
nice.  He also owns a large collection of vintage AC cars so he knows
them well.

Roland

P.S.  There is a picture of an AC Ace (ac_ace.gif) on (your?) server.
      This is an AC engined Ace, however.