MGA

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA
From: P_Jeffrey_Perine.Roch817@xerox.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 1994 10:58:45 PDT
Hello SOLers:
Thank you for the great information I have gathered while lurking.
Help!  I am restoring a 1959 MGA and need input regarding the engine rebuild.
1600 block bored .040 over.  It has MKII (large grudgeon) rods/pistons .030.
1600 head.
I would like a tractable street motor , car may be driven 1-2x week.
Question time:
 1. Methods/Spec for lightening flywheel.
2. Anyone have experience upgrading to larger MKII valves(relative merits of
port velocities etc.) Are ``STELLITE`` valves worth anything?
  3.  Affordable sources of parts anyone might recomend.  M#ss has pretty
catolog but they want me to pay for it.
 I would appreciate any input you can offer in my HP quest.  No parts yet
purchased and would like to optimize my expenditures. Thanks in advance
Jeff Perine
1959 MGA
1981 RX-7 ITA