Let there be LIGHT!

To: @car.dis
Subject: Let there be LIGHT!
From: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 14:30:56 EDT
Greg,

You madman!  Can you please describe how you implemented the
low + high scheme.  An ASCII wiring diagram would be great.  I'm
an EE that does electro-optics so I should be able to run with it.
I "current"ly have a two headlight system, and I think when
I flip on the high beam, that the low beam enters a different mode,
still on but restricted.  I would like to get them both on.  Is there a
diode bridging the high/low so that the high beam doesn't come on
when low is selected?  I am currently running H4's in the lucas semi-sealed
headlights for the B.

By the way, I have oberserved the begining of the end for the very
stylish lucas lights - rust on the parabolic reflector.  Is there anyone
who has effected a repair of this type.  I figure I can put on some stone
guards to hide the rust just to get by inspection.  Besides I really
like the stone guards, even prefer them to the plexiglass Sebring
dome covers.  I also have very bright Hella high beams on the diesel, and
these semi-sealed units are slowly failing in the same way.

Enlighten Me!

- Skip

'72 B roadster
'74 BGT
'85 BMW turbo diesel

By the way, I couldn't help but laugh quite loudly at your analogy of using
steel wool to "clean up" the jet needles.  I guess I'm still not grown up
after all!