Re: ...and another Daimler arrives. (Tue Jul 5 12:57:52 1994)

To: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU
Subject: Re: ...and another Daimler arrives. (Tue Jul 5 12:57:52 1994)
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 94 09:41:00 BST

Lawrence,

Your new Daimler sounds nice - I now know why there is a Vanden Plas
model in the USA, unknown here (except on Rovers).

Most European plates are different in size, colour, typeface and
configuration. Perhaps you need the Belgian one, which is small,
with red lettering on a white background.

What they do have in common is that they are usually allocated for
the life of the vehicle, so "spare" plates are rare. We pay our road
tax in the UK annually and display a little paper disc on the windscreen
saying so. Other countries have similar systems.

If you want, I could get you a set made up (as you can here), but they
would of course be UK ones, which may not be what you want. I think
there are some restrictions on this, to prevent camouflaging stolen
cars, but I could check.

Paul.