British Plates & Whitworth

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: British Plates & Whitworth
From: "Colin Brace (617)726-5085" <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 1994 22:01:00 -0500 (EST)
          For Whitworth combination wrenches i.e., one end open, the other
          box (ring) - Snap On set WOEXS707, add a 'k' at the end if you
          want them in what they call a Kit Bag.
          For 1/4" drive sockets (6 point) set is 105WTM.
          For 3/8" drive sockets (12 point) set is 212WFY on a socket rail,
          For 3/8" drive sockets (12 point) set is 212WFYT in a tray.
          For 1/2" drive sockets (12 point), no set, as follows:
          British Bolt Size     Number
                 5/8"           WSW105
                11/16"          WSW106
          3/4" & 13/16" (?)     WSW107
                 7/8"           WSW108

          The sets also can be had individually, let me know if you need
          those numbers. Call 1-800-TOOLS4U (1-800-866-5748) - they take
          usual plastic, although you may have to try several times unless
          you want voice mail. I have no financial/whatever interest in
          Snap On, other than they probably carry my picture in their
          wallet. Beautifully made tools, though.

          On english plates, the MG Owners Club made them up for me, not
          too expensive but I forget exactly how much. They make up the
          modern plastic (white with black characters front, yellow/black
          characters rear). They look good on my MGB (CJB387M), if you
          don't mind discreet "MG Owners Club" lettering along the bottom.
          They also make up the older black/silver plates, in addition to
          the square type that would be fitted to a Midget or some square
          rigger MG's. They also offer stainless steel number plate
          backings for mounting. I'd recommend these.

          MG Owners Club
          Octagon House
          Swavesey
          Cambridge