TR6 Mixture setting.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Mixture setting.
From: mike@twinpeaks.prc.com (Mike Ladwig)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 1994 13:05:22 -0500
Hi.  I'm having some trouble with the carbs on my '74 TR6, and thought I'd
see if anyone can help.

I just rebuilt my carburators; everything except the carb needles was
replaced (the old ones were worn, but I like to go slowly).  After tuning
it up, everything was running great - got the mixture set right with the
lift-the-air-piston method, smooth idle.  Anyway, once I got that far, I
replaced the carb needles with needles of the same type from TRF.  Before
replacing them, I checked to make sure that the needle numbers matched, and
that the adjustors were operating normally.  Since then, I have been unable
to set the mixture properly.  It seems to be running somewhat lean, even
with the adjustors in the full rich (pulled up into the piston body)
position.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Is there a way to change the range that the
adjustors operate in?  Any common mistakes that I may have committed?

Thanks in advance.
mike.